• Shakespeare's Will
• Scenes and Monologues
The Globe Theatre
About the SRC
Citing the SRC
Shakespeare Theatre Links
Editor Recommendations | Regional and Independents | Collected Links
The following links to theatrical companies specializing in Shakespearean productions are provided:
- Chicago Shakespeare Theater
- Chicago Shakespeare Theater is Chicago's professional theater dedicated to the works of William Shakespeare.
- Illinois Shakespeare Festival
- The Illinois Shakespeare Festival is known nationally in the theatre community as one of the top Shakespeare Festivals. The Illinois Office of Tourism nominated the Illinois Shakespeare Festival as one of the top 120 attractions in the country.
- Open Air Theatre
- Since 1932, the Open Air Theatre at Regent's Park in London has become an established and much-loved highlight of Park life and of London's theatrical calendar.
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival
- Based in Ashland, Oregon, the Oregon Shakespeare Festival is the largest rotating repertory company in the US, operating since 1935.
- Royal Shakespeare Company
- The RSC is probably the most famous classical theatre company in the world. This site has all the latest information on current and future productions, ticket sales, merchandising as well as press and educational resources.
- Shakespeare in Central Park
- Founded by Joe Papp, the New York Shakespeare Festival's "Shakespeare in Central Park" season has been a premier summer theater since 1962.
- Shakespeare's Globe Online
- Founded by the pioneering American actor/director Sam Wanamaker, Shakespeare's Globe is a unique international resource dedicated to the exploration of Shakespeare's work, and the playhouse for which he wrote, through the connected means of education and performance.
- The Shakespeare Theatre
- Since its founding in 1986, The Shakespeare Theatre in Washington, DC, has dedicated itself to becoming the nation's premier classic theatre.
- The Stratford Festival of Canada
- Stratford, Ontario is the home of the largest classical repertory theatre in North America. It draws audiences of more than 600,000 each year.
- Utah Shakespeare Festival
- The Utah Shakespearean Festival, which won the 2000 Tony Award for Outstanding Regional Theatre, presents nine plays each year from June through October.
- Aesthetic Realism Theatre Company
- The Aesthetic Realism Theatre Company presents talks by Eli Siegel, founder of the philosophy Aesthetic Realism, on Shakespearean and other literary works.
- African-American Shakespeare Company
- Based in San Francisco, the African-American Shakespeare Company's mission is to present European classical works within an African-American cultural context.
- American Shakespeare Center
- Originally the Shenandoah Shakespeare Express, the American Shakespeare Center in Staunton, Virginia seeks to make Shakespeare, the joys of theatre and language, and the communal experience of the Renaissance stage accessible to all.
- Arizona Classical Theatre
- Founded in Prescott, Arizona in 1998, and home to the Arizona Shakespeare Festival.
- Carolinian Shakespeare Festival
- The Carolinian Shakespeare Festival is a grass-roots summer theatre program designed to enrich the lives of the people of Eastern North Carolina by making classic works of literature accessible to every one, especially the new generation.
- Dead Playwrights Repertory
- This classical repertory company in Haddonfield, New Jersey, is dedicated to reviving the works of dead playwrights and breathing new life into them.
- Shakespeare in the Park in Seattle. GreenStage presents classic plays in a manner accessible to all.
- Hip to Hip Theatre Company
- Primarily serving New York City’s Queens County, Hip to Hip Theatre Company's mission is to stimulate and develop interest in the theatre arts by presenting free, family-friendly, professional productions of popular classics in public spaces.
- Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival
- The Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival in Garrison, New York, produces critically acclaimed shows that challenge, inspire and demystify the great works of William
- Kentucky Shakespeare Festival
- Founded in 1949, the Kentucky Shakespeare Festival is the oldest free festival in the U.S.
- Manhattan Shakespeare Project
- Manhattan Shakespeare Project is Columbia University's newest all-female Shakespeare company.
- Michigan Shakespeare Festival
- The Michigan Shakespeare Festival has been presenting the timeless themes and glorious language of William Shakespeare since 1995, growing each year into a premier regional event.
- Mountain Shakespeare Festival
- The Mountain Shakespeare Festival is a theater company at the top of the Grapevine in Frazier Park, California that strives to offer the finest of entertainment in the midst of the mountains.
- A Noise Within
- ANW's mission is to perform and educate the public on great works of world drama in rotating repertory using a company of professional, classically trained actors.
- North Carolina Shakespeare Festival
- Designated by The North Carolina State Legislature as The State Shakespeare Festival, NCSF has been producing the world's great classics, particularly the works of William Shakespeare, since 1977.
- Poor Players Theatre Company
- Classic Theatre for the Modern World. Poor Players is a classical repertory theatre based out of San Diego.
- Shakespeare & Company
- Minnesota's longest-running outdoor classical repertory theatre, performing Shakespeare and other classical plays in an informal picnic atmosphere.
- The Shakespeare Project of Chicago
- The Shakespeare Project of Chicago is the only free Shakespeare company in Chicago using all members of the Actors Equity Association.
- The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey
- The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey is the state's only professional theatre company dedicated to the presentation of Shakespeare's canon and other classic dramatic entertainments for the cultural enrichment of the community.
- The Wales Millennium Centre
- The Wales Millennium Centre Arts centre housing theatres for musicals, opera, ballet and dance, as well as cafes and arts organisations. Includes information about the building, organisations based there, news and what's on.
- Woman's Will
- Woman's Will, the Bay Area's all-female Shakespeare company, exists to provide opportunities for women and girls to work together in a supportive yet challenging environment, to entertain and educate through high quality classes and performances, and to expand the boundaries in which audiences and artists see themselves.
- Curtain Rising!Shakespeare Festivals
- Curtain Rising! is the best organized collection of live theatre links on the web.
- Shakespeare Theatre Association of America
- The STAA was established to provide a forum for the artistic and managerial leadership of theatres whose central activity is the production of Shakespeare’s plays. Their membership directory provides links to a multitude of regional Shakespearean theatres.